Friday 29 January 2010

Red, White & Black New Illustrations.......


Since Christmas I've been working on new illustrations for my agent ( Pure Design ) to take to New York for meetings with clients this week. I do like working under pressure as it forces you to think quickly and I've enjoyed producing a lot of new pieces. I particularly like the red, white and black illustrations of which I've posted a sample selection. Most of them are Christmas images. See what you think....
Its back to collage now, I'm just starting a job making a series of food collages commissioned by a client. I really like switching between different media as I approach them all quite differently. I've been drawing out designs and colouring and layering them in Photoshop on all the recent work I've done, now I'll be papercutting and pasting. My collages take a long time to build up - selecting and rejecting colours and surfaces and hours of snipping away with tiny embroidery scissors - its very rewarding though.
My studio feels cold today, even with the woodburner going and snow flurries keep blowing past the window. My brother is up at the North Norfolk coast collecting driftwood for his sculptures, thinking of that makes me glad to be working inside.....

No comments:

Post a Comment